George Ward Park
George Ward Park is a beautiful place for a picnic, and the perfect spot to spend time with your family. George Ward Park has many amenities that can make your day complete, including a playground for children. George Ward Park also features a variety of wildlife from songbirds to deer. George Ward Park is open year-round and offers plenty of parking spaces as well as handicap-accessible areas if needed.
George Ward Park was created in the early 1900s and is named after George Ward, who was Birmingham's mayor from 1873 to 1876. The park was originally designed as a place for people to gather and enjoy nature. However, it has also been used for football games, political rallies, and other events over the years.
Today George Ward Park is a tranquil place that's perfect for a picnic. The park features a playground, walking trails, and plenty of open space where you can spread out your blanket and enjoy a meal with friends or family. There's also a pond at the park where you can take a break from the sun and relax under the shade of some trees.
Things to do
George Ward Park includes walking or hiking along with one of the trails, picnicking, and watching birds. The park contains a picnic shelter with tables. George Ward Park has long been known for its beauty and serenity; it is one of the few places in Birmingham that remained green even during the harsh drought of summer 2012. George Ward Park is located in Greensprings Ave S, Birmingham, AL. George Ward Park has a horseshoe pit (for playing horseshoes) and an exercise station. George Ward Park also contains restrooms that are open during daylight hours; these facilities include running water and one shower stall with hot water.
Located in the heart of downtown Birmingham, George Ward Park is a tranquil place that's perfect for a picnic. The park features plenty of shady areas, making it an ideal spot to relax on a hot day. There are also several playgrounds and ponds located within the park, providing plenty of opportunities for fun and exploration. If you're looking for a special landmark to visit in Birmingham, George Ward Park is definitely worth checking out.
George Ward Park is a beautiful and peaceful park. It's perfect for a picnic or to just take a quiet break from the world.
Here are my top five tips for enjoying George Ward Park:
1. Bring your own food and drinks. There are no restaurants or vending machines inside the park, so be sure to bring your own snacks and drinks.
2. George Ward Park is a great place for a picnic! There are plenty of benches, tables, and grills scattered throughout the park.
3. The park also has a playground for kids, so it's perfect for a family outing. Catch some Zs on one of the many benches or in the grass.
4. George Ward Park is a great place for an afternoon nap, especially during the summer. Sitting in the sun and listening to music can be very relaxing.
5. George Ward Park is open from dawn until dusk every day of the week except Wednesday mornings when it's closed for maintenance. You are allowed to bring your own alcohol into George Ward Park, but it must be consumed in designated areas.
We hope you've enjoyed learning about the rich history of this region and we're excited to share more with you in future posts. If there's something specific that interests you, feel free to reach out and let us know. In the meantime, here are some other special landmarks or things to do around town that might be worth checking out if your travels bring you into our neck of the woods. Have a great week!
Birmingham, Alabama is blessed with some of the state’s most amazing parks. Here’s a list of some of our favorites:
W. C. Patton Park
Kelly Ingram Park
Brother Bryan Park
George Ward Park
Guglielmo Marconi Park
Eddie Kendrick Memorial Park
Bessie Estell Park
East Lake Park
All of these wonderful parks are located just a short distance from our location at 1500 1st Avenue North! Stop by for a visit anytime!